Naked Palette Tutorial

Hey guys, so for my first makeup blog I thought I would get started with something many people will hopefully be interested in. 
I had wanted to be the owner of a naked palette for a long time and finally committed to the purchase. As a student, £36 is a considerable amount to spend on one thing, but I could no longer resist. I had originally intended to buy the Naked 2 palette but after comparing the two, I preferred the original. With this I also got a little primer potion, which is the primer I use anyway, and a makeup brush. I have to admit I don't use their brush. I'm a little brush obsessed and love to use my Real Techniques brushes instead. 

Full face product list at the bottom

So, on with the look.



First step - I added the first colour in the palette, Virgin, to the inner corner, dragged to the centre bottom of the lid, and under the brow bone. This isn't my favourite highlight colour because it isn't particularly strong but I do like it. Usually I would add Mac's Nylon over the top. 



Step two - I added Hustle to the outer corner and in to the crease using a small, pencil brush and blended out using a fluffy brush. 










Step three - Using a fluffy brush, I blended Toasted, which is a gorgeous rose gold colour, above the crease. I then applied Half Baked, a true gold colour, onto the centre of the lid. I made sure I blended thoroughly to get a smooth appearance. 















Step four - I added a tiny bit of Creep, the shimmery black, using a pencil brush to the outer lash line. 















Lastly - I added plenty of mascara to the lashes and a brown kohl pencil to the water line. I also ran a small amount of Darkhorse under my bottom lashes on the outer corner. Feel free to add lashes and even some black liner on the top if you wish the look to be more dramatic. 













To finish my face I decided to add a purple lip. But as the eye is using neutral colours this is where you can choose your favourite lip colour to tie everything together. 






































Thanks a lot for reading, hope you enjoyed. I would love to hear your feedback so feel free to leave comments! Here are some extra pictures. 
Sophie x









PRODUCT LIST:
Foundation - Illamasqua Skin Base in shade 7
Concealer - MAC's Studio Finish in NW20
Powder - Rimmel Stay Matte in 001 Transparent
Bronzer - MAC's Mineralise Skin Finish in Medium Deep
Blusher - Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Hussy
Brows - MAC's espresso eyeshadow
Eyes - Urban Decay Primer Potion and Naked Palette
            Benefit's They're Real mascara
            Rimmel Soft Kohl eye liner in 011 Sable Brown
Lips - MAC's lip pencil in Magenta and MAC's lipstick in Up The Amp

2 comments:

  1. Love how versatile this palette is and the looks is great!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, I love the lip colour x

    www.lucia-lolita.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Followers

Blogroll

Who is SOW?

2 beauty and fashion transfixed girls from the North West. 19 and 21 years old. Feel free to contact us on: asliceofwonder@gmail.com